Arranging furniture in a small bedroom is something that presents several challenges. You have to make room for a bed, wardrobe and other personal items without crowding the area. Here are some tips for arranging furniture in a small room.
- Start by selecting furniture suitable for the room size. The bed should be as small as possible for those who will use them. This means that for one person the bed should not be bigger than a twin and a couple should consider a double size bed.
- Use modern, neat straight lines which take up less space than traditional furniture and accessories.
- Put one of the sides of the bed near or against the wall. For a couple this means that one side of the bed will have enough room for a bedside table. This will give people enough room to walk around the bed.
- Use vertical space. Use high closets and armoires that do not occupy much space while maximizing storage space.
- Seize the hidden space. For extra storage space, use drawers and containers that can slide under the bed. Some people can creatively make bedside tables made of metal trash bins with a wood top and a tablecloth where laundry can be stored.
Tips & Warnings
- Eliminate non-essential items in the room.