Your fireplace could be connected to your chimney to draw the smoke from your home. If this is the case, there will be a need to clean and maintain your stove. The chimney draft is a type of tube that releases the gas that escapes your stove. The draft is necessary so that the stove operates properly and safely, so you must be careful when cleaning it.
- Remove the plate if the regulator is blocking your access to the chimney flue. You may have to remove some bolts to do so.
- Shine a flashlight into the chute to see if something’s clogging. Get everything you can see and reach.
- Unplug the stove pipe chimney before continuing. Then cover the opening with a sheet.
- Use a ladder to access the top of the chimney chute, which is usually located on the roof.
- Push a wire brush made for fireplaces throughout the shaft. You must choose a brush size that fits appropriately. You must attach it to a rope with a weight that allows you to easily move it up and down to clean all of the chute and debris from the burning firewood.