Living with tranquility and security in our house is the maximum investment we can make in it. Therefore, it is important to know that prevention is the true form of home security.
In this post we recommend seven tips to keep in mind to maintain the safety of your home:
- The doors are a key element of a home to prevent theft. It is recommended that they be thick, solid and hard and that they have a good lock system. It is essential to lock them when you are away from home, even for just a moment. It is also important to take the necessary precautions to not lose the keys, as well as never keep them with key chains or any other documentation that can reveal the address to which they belong.
- The doors must be property installed by securing them with their bolts. It is good that the doors have a counter security located at the top to reinforce the entrance. In addition, they must remain closed, as well as windows that face the street, patios or basements.
- It is necessary to ensure that the main door has at least two closing points. When leaving it always closes with a key, not only with the slip, since it can be easily opened.
- Check that there is no gap between the door and the floor to avoid being leveraged. To do this, it reinforces the part of the hinges with steel pivots and metal angles.
- Another element to take into account for home security are the windows. These are one of the weak points. You have to make sure that those that give the basements have bars, especially those that lead to unprotected yards. The chalets have a special charm for people who are dedicated to stealing, so it is advisable that all windows contain bars for their security. In addition, it is highly recommended in the windows of the home to use strong glasses and install bolts that allow a closure much more secure.
- A measure of security in your home is to make it always seem inhabited. For this, in time of prolonged absence, do not disconnect the electricity completely or close all the blinds. Technology will facilitate this because automatic timers are the best option for this. If you live outside an urban area, this can be reinforced by lighting the entrance, porch and courtyards.
- And perhaps, the security measure of the home that can provide you with the most guarantee of protection, whether you stay in it or not, are surveillance systems and security alarms. The placement of a visible alarm at the entrance of the house and/or perimeter sensors on terraces and gardens can discourage potential intruders. There are several companies that are dedicated to security and offer this type of services. Nowadays, these companies even give you the option of being able to control the alarm system remotely from a smartphone, allowing you to connect and disconnect the device, open the door without the need for a key or take photographs of the home to verify that everything is how it’s supposed to be.
Follow these seven tips to improve home security and your peace of mind will be greater.