Unlike what most people think, kitchen remodeling doesn’t have to be an expensive undertaking. Research shows that it is possible to attain high financial returns even with only a few minor changes.
The following are a few strategies on inexpensive kitchen remodeling:
- Modernizing the floor – dingy flooring can be refinished or replaced with sleekly tiled floors for a very reasonable price. Those who wish to do it personally can attain basic tile installation instructions from the internet or from handyman books. It is important to choose the tiles according to the style of the kitchen and the color of other kitchen fixtures for best results.
- Renewing appliances – there is no need to replace kitchen appliances with new ones when operating under a tight budget, having them refinished will also uplift the appearance of the kitchen significantly. There are companies that do appliance refinishing all over the internet at just a fraction of what it would cost to purchase new appliances.
- Replacing or renovating the countertop – unfastening and removing an aged countertop can also be done easily with the right instructions. Replacing the current one with a new one will take the kitchen remodeling venture a notch higher, but for those who can’t afford a new one, it is still possible to modernize the present one through various ways, such as having stone tiles installed.
- Molding – improving the molding of a kitchen is also another inexpensive kitchen remodeling tactic that can easily be completed within a few hours.
- Refurbishing the cabinets – refurbishing kitchen cabinets will brighten the face of any kitchen in the same way as having them replaced would do when done well. Painting them is a great and cheap way to refurbish kitchen cabinets, but their surfaces must first be cleaned thoroughly to rid them of grease, dirt, and other debris that would make painting difficult and ineffective.
- refacing the cabinets – refacing the kitchen cabinets can also be done without the help of a professional. Most home improvement shops stock and sell facing materials at reasonable prices
- Redecorating the ceiling and the walls – redecorating the ceiling and the walls can easily be accomplished with a clean coat of paint. Having the ceiling and wall repainted by a professional makes the kitchen appear cleaner, bigger, and more appealing to the eye.
- New lighting – new lighting is another inexpensive kitchen remodeling strategy that will make the kitchen to appear cleaner, warmer, and more welcoming.