A small bathroom remodel bathroom requires a lot of planning to make sure your budget is spent wisely. When it comes to small spaces, choosing the appropriate accessories can affect the appearance and the sense of space more than anything else.
- Reduce the scale of the accessories and furniture in the bathroom. The bigger they are, the smaller the bathroom appears. This is especially true in crowded corners which could include the sink and counter containing too many objects or laundry baskets and other large containers. Only by replacing these elements with smaller ones will you get enough space to add other items or to expand the shower or tub space.
- Remove the tub and settle for a shower. This will significantly increase the space available and allow you to add additional furniture for storage. A shower curtain will make the space look even bigger because you can leave a little open to show the space behind it. If you prefer sliding doors, you can use glass ones.
- Consider changing your toilet and sink to smaller and flatter ones. The new models are generally designed for apartments, so they can fit in shallower areas and make the most of every available inch.
- Add a mirror. If you can’t change the mirror over the sink, add lights on top of it to give the impression of more reflection or place a second mirror on the opposite wall. If there is additional room to place candles to help intensify the light in your bathroom.
- Paint or replace the bathroom tiles with light colors. If the white or blue seem too simple, consider adding touches of contrasting color by adding a mosaic or paint a border to separate the wall from the ceiling. If you want to add other decorative touches, use plants (that add a touch of color and give a sense of open space) and candles (which multiply the light).
Tips & Warnings
- If you have no idea how to transform your bathroom, you can hire a designer to help you during the planning. Many designers agree to draw up plans for a small fee if you cannot afford to pay for the whole process.