You walked with a cup of coffee, stumbled and spilled it all over the carpet. These spots are unsightly and make the carpet look dirty and possibly older than it really is. Do not worry! You can clean up the mess immediately. Follow these steps to remove the stain.
- Dry the area with a cloth and clean to absorb as much liquid as possible. Start from the outer most part of the stain to prevent it from spreading.
- Mix one teaspoon mild dishwashing soap with one cup of warm water.
- Apply the detergent solution on the area with a sponge. Dry again with a cloth.
- Mix 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup of warm water.
- Apply the vinegar solution with a sponge. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Clean the area with a clean sponge and clean water. Dry with a new cloth.
Tips & Warnings
- Using a white colored cloth prevents bleeding of colors onto the carpet.
- Avoid rubbing or scrubbing, this will cause the stain to spread.